Writing a welcoming birthday card, can be a bit tricky sometimes but we will give you some tips to help you through it. Celebrating a friend or family members turning a year older (and wiser) is a fact of life which nobody can escape. It’s a fun part of life where the birthday boy/girl gets to shine and see how much they’re loved by getting gifts and indulging in sweet desserts.
There are times however when expressing excitement for a person’s birthday said than done, especially when you’re working on writing the perfect birthday card message. Fortunately overcoming writer’s block isn’t nearly as difficult as it seems. By following the tips below you should be able to easily choose the perfect gift and write the perfect message for those you care about.
Birthday Card Wording
Depending on the birthday boy or girl, the wording of your card is going to greatly vary. Are you looking to make sincere birthday wishes? How about some heartfelt birthday wishes? Maybe some birthday jokes about getting old?
Whether you choose to be funny, romantic, or cute, the tone of your card is going to depend on who you are writing the card to. Below are a few suggestions for wording a birthday card as discussed on Shutterfly.
Cute Birthday Messages
- Thanks for being here, for being you. Happiest of birthdays.
- So grateful that you were born. Happy birthday.
Funny Birthday Greetings
- Happy birthday to one of the few people whose birthday I can remember without a Facebook reminder.
- Forget about the past, you can’t change it. Forget about the future, you can’t predict it. Forget about the present, I didn’t get you one.
Sincere Birthday Wishes
- I wish that every candle on your birthday cake brings you a reason to smile.
- It is always good to remember you, my friend, especially on your big day! Make it unforgettable.
Choosing a Birthday Gift
It’s not always easy choosing the right gift for those you care about. After all, everyone has different tastes and preferences. Fortunately by following the tips below, from the The Huffington Post, the decision making process should be much simpler..
- Make the present an event: Instead of just wrapping the gift and handing it over, you could treat the gifting experience as an event. You can hide the gift and send the person on a scavenger hunt, or hide a secret message in a book.
- Make a list of all the things the person is interested in or choose a gift based on the items which define the person you care about. By spending two minutes on your brainstorm you can come up with a variety of ideas for each item on your list whether it’s small or big.
- Include a little bit of yourself: Make your gift personal in a different way. For example you can create a piece of art, write a song, knit a scarf, or something along those lines. When combined with other suggestions from the article, you’ll be able to create an ultra personalized gift.
Of course if you’re looking for a quick and easy gift which can easily be personalized, why not purchase a birthday gift basket? The great thing about these gift baskets is that aside from shopping at home, there’s so many possibilities it’s easy to find the right gift for the one you care about.